Thursday, May 29, 2008

If I was Smart

I have been day dreaming about finding the time to write in my blog for the last 3 days. I haven't found any practical time to write. Every night in Washington I was tired and worked until I wanted to sleep or later.

I am back in Texas now and feeling pretty lonely after all the bustle with Pam and I getting everything ready. It was nice to sleep in a place where I wasn't alone in the house.

So what do you want to hear about first?
How about I tell you about how awesome the prius is and how GLAD I am that Adam's Mom got it for him. It is a god send on gas mileage. I know we spent less then $200 on gas the entire trip. I am dreading the fortune I am going to spend on gas hauling my horse to Washington.

How much I love my new apartment? The incredible trip to Ikea and subsequent furniture building parties? The amount of pie I ate at Shari's (local greasy spoon that specializes in pie)? I think I easily ate a whole pie by the time I was there.

How about I tell you about my first FRG meeting? Let's just say I survived, and "Welcome Home Day" is going to be exciting. There were a lot of babies there. One girl was talking about how she found out she was prego 6 days after he left.... Wow. There were a lot of different types of people there. Base is a little intimidating for me. Ok a lot intimidating for me. I was just never raised around it.

So I got back so late tonight and I am doing my If I was Smart things... You know how you think to yourself, If I was smart, I would put those car keys where I can find them. So I just started doing those things. I looked at my schedule to drive home and then drive out to Washington and I realized there wasn't enough time. So I cut out a trip to New Mexico to look at Betcha, and see if I could pick up Adam's huge black dresser (Sry, Butthead it won't fit comfortably in our room anyways). I had one of the ranch guys help me get some vet work done on one of my horses, so I can leave Tuesday instead of Wednesday. I cam home tonight and knew I wouldn't be able to sleep for a bit so I vacuumed, swept /mopped, and packed some more stuff. I think I just ran through my very last load of laundry. Now I have a headache because I am very very tired.

I thought to myself: If I were smart I would plug in my phone so I won't have to argue with it tomorrow when I start to run out of battery. So I plugged in my phone. I changed my trip around so when I stop the first night I will be staying with friends, and my horse will be staying with friends. That way I can catch some down time.

Here is the plan for me, and I have to write it out because I am neurotic and I think once I write it down, it will be more obvious if I am still trying to do too much stuff.
Tomorrow (later today): Get one last ride in with Leon, hook up my horse trailer, bring it to my house. Go to the chiropractor, post office( mail last bit of stuff to friends and get a change of address), get an oil change. Go to the vet, pick up the paperwork for traveling, and go buy some last minute things at Teskeys. Finish packing up my stuff, do the last minute vacuuming and mopping. LEAVE KEYS. Call Electricity, Water and Internet and Cancel. Get paper work for my horse out of Leon's office, and leave paperwork on my show horse for Leon.

Friday: Get up at like 4 am, load my mattress into the horse trailer, drive to the ranch, load up my horse, TAKE SOME HAY AND SHAVINGS. Start driving to Colorado Springs, should be a 12 hour or so drive. Drop off horse, stay at friends.

Saturday, get up and leisurely drive to Wyoming (7 hours)

Sunday and Monday: Pack up my old room in Wyoming ( my little sister is getting it), and get all of Adam's stuff, and my stuff from the ranch that we need (like his passport and my camping gear). Do things that I am committed to do, like finish some paper work on some babies, and look at my apartment over the barn and see if they need me to do anything on that. I need to ride a horse for my Dad and gather some horses to take to Washington. I also need to check on which horses have shoes, and make sure any horses not being ridden have the shoes pulled. I am borrowing my Dad's truck. I need to get health papers for 2 horses. I need to call Missoula, MT fairgrounds, and find out if I can keep some horses overnight there.

Tuesday Morning:
Load up my 3 horses. Make sure all my stuff is loaded, head for Missoula. 12 hour drive.

Wednesday:
Load up and drive to Roy, WA and drop off my ponies and unhook my trailer.

Thursday: Hmm I think I will take delivery of the pod, and I will pickup Adam's Mom from the airport. She offered to help me unload, very kind of her.

Friday: Unload the pod, have it picked up.

Saturday: Get the house ready.

Then I wait. Until he comes home. I am so worn out just thinking about it all. It does seem like a lot. But I knew these days would be the hardest. Especially right now because I have so much to do between now and then.

PS I got a pic of the master bedroom, I don't want to put too much up in case Adam sees it. So I will put it up in a little while.

2 comments:

said...

Holy crap girl! He owes you BIG TIME!! I can't believe you're doing all of this practically alone. I'm glad his mom is helping. Sheesh! You wore me out just reading your to-do list. I bet you wish you could just fast forward time til you're all settled and everything's done. Then you'll sleep and (hopefully) rest til you see your butthead. (love the nickname). Take care of yourself and BE CAREFUL!

S.J. said...

Sounds like you are BUSY BUSY BUSY! Good luck with everything.