Sunday, May 11, 2008

So much

I am on top of the world today. Lots of things are going well. I got to talk to Adam this morning for like an hour and a half and that was AWESOME!

Last night I was reading over the letters that butthead has sent me over the deployment and I noticed two things. One, in about November we both seriously slowed in the letter writing/ sending department. Two, his letters have a certain ring of uncertainty that I don't feel now. I fell asleep reading letters around 7 pm, I drug my self out of bed at 10, and shut off all the lights and locked all the doors and went back to sleep and crashed again until 3 am. I got up and ate some homemade chicken noodle soup, I went back to sleep around 4 am and woke up at 9:30 right before Adam got on. So I slept like 13 and half hours... Hmmm I guess I was worn out. LOL. Now that I have had a full weekend off, I feel ready for Monday.

Anyways when Butthead got on I told him about my observations and he said, "To be fair, we have been talking a lot more then we used to." Yes this is true, and I said,"We both have speed up in work load since then." Which is also true. Then I mentioned the new found strength, and he said,"Yeah, I see that too."

Who wold have thought that a relationship could grow stronger and MORE certain, when he was in Iraq? It's like we know we can't piss the other off to the leaving point anymore. I think we have some how past that point. In September, it will be two years (this time around), and 7 years of knowing each other. I said to him,"Are we getting the boring part yet?" He said,"Never." I said,"Good."

I think that we are going to be pretty happy when he comes home. We are the kind of people who kind of fall into place. I have a feeling that I am not going to get the break I so desperately crave because I will have other obligations. Adam really wants to go camping and he is going to make me hike. With a backpack. And I am going to be much slower than him. And he is going to push me... It is a good thing I hope. I miss him. I order a new bed for us and I am hoping to have it delivered while Pam and I are making out whirlwind run with the prius. Diesel has gone up to $4.27 a gallon. Maybe I will be borrowing the hybrid a bunch sheez.

Anyways, I can't think anymore. NIGHT.

3 comments:

S.J. said...

YAY! I'm so happy that you had a good chat with your boy. You guys are too cute.

Thanks for the comment on my last blog, after I read it I went "oh my god, she's right!" I realized that I'm being myself...that's who I am. Thanks again, you are awesome.

Caitlin said...

Yay, so glad you got to talk :) And the best of luck with everything as always :)

said...

You go!

My soldier and I have grown closer during this deployment too. I guess in the beginning of it, its too overwhelming and scary. Its nice to know that it gets closer and closer to being over. And then... you have each other.

And you SHOULD enjoy your time with him. Damn straight!

Good for you. :)