Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Not Everyday

This morning started off with a BANG! There was a crash of thunder so loud it set off a car alarm. I was SURE a bomb had gone off or that one of the local oil rigs had blown up. It was so unbelievable. I though to myself, 'If Adam lived here, would he be able to deal with the unbelievable thunder?'

I have been trying not to blog everyday because it seems a little obsessive. I have to say if I had one word to describe how I feel about Adam coming home right now, I think obsessed would be the right description. It is like I am finally letting myself remember all the little things I love about him. I am letting all his smiles and joke and games slip back into my memory. There was a time there for a while when I just had so much other stuff going on, and so much stress that I couldn't think about Adam being in Iraq. Now, I feel like it is edging its way back into my everyday consciousness. I am counting down the days. I have so much travel planned in the next couple days it is crazy. It is going to be a whirlwind trip.

I was thinking of some of the fun times we had in high school. One time we were walking to dinner with a group of our friends, and I was telling someone that I trusted Adam no matter what, and they said,"Would you trust him in a room full of naked girls?"(Such a typical high school student thing to say:: rolls eyes:: ). I said,"Of course, if he really loves me a room full of naked girls shouldn't change that, and if it does then he doesn't really want ME." Then they asked Adam,"Would you trust Jenna in a room full of naked men?" He looked at me apprehensively, and said,"No." It was so funny! Another time he actually convinced me the gullible wasn't in the dictionary. I am finally letting these memories not weigh so heavily on me.

I hung out at a coworkers house and drank margaritas and was ridiculously nice to her boyfriend. I knew it was because I miss Adam like crazy and that it was time to go home. So now there are bad thunderstorms and tornado warnings. Well I guess if my stuff gets wrecked by a tornado I don't have to move it? See there really is a silver lining every where.

I still haven't folded my laundry. :|

1 comment:

said...

Yeah, its time for Adam to come home too, isn't it?

We didn't get bad storms up here as they said. I thought for sure I'd have two little girls in the bed with me last night but I didn't hear a single clap of thunder.

Good luck with your travels.