Monday, May 12, 2008

No Good Title

OH NO! An unthemed blog post! Whatever will I do? LOL

In case you guys don't notice I do tend to try and pick a topic and stick with it. Tonight is topic-free which is a lot like rambling about my own life. I have to remember to find my phone before I go to bed because it plays my alarm for waking up.

Today was super productive. I am trying to more or less get to bed on time so tomorrow can be productive. If I don't get enough sleep, nothing feels good. I am working really really hard on honoring my need for sleep. It may seem strange, but sometimes I stay up late for no particularly good reason then have to drag myself out of bed in the morning when all I want to do is sleep. The other good things I have done for myself this evening include taking a shower and putting all my clean clothes in my room and PROMISING myself I would fold them tomorrow. I also did some dishes and wiped down the counters and my table. That is some kind of accomplishment. I meant to do some painting today, but I forgot. Not good.

I did some experimental cooking tonight and it ended fairly well and sort of typically in the idea that a stick of butter can fix almost any dish. :| Oh well. I have some cool ideas planned for Adam's "homecoming dinner." I think I will take some time to practice them BEFORE he comes home. Unfortunately, experimental cooking almost always ends with a really dirty kitchen. I did manage to load and start the dishwasher. Poor Adam, not only am I going to make him try experimental cooking, but he will either have to help me clean up or live with a messy kitchen afterwards. You might want to take pity on him. It was a very educational evening. I have learned that deglazing with red wine, means your sauce will be pink. Who would have thought that I should keep some beer around the house just for cooking? Sigh

I have to say I am so damn tired of being needed in like 10 places at once. I just wish that I could do everything from where I am. I guess if I had a private jet, that would be a satisfactory solution then I could be in Texas, Vermont, Pittsburgh, and Wyoming back to back to back to back. Unfortunately, I am without financing to jetset so I will attempt to NOT tear out my hair. Wish me luck.

Ok I am off to find my phone and hope that beauty rest really does work. I could really use a hair cut. ;)

1 comment:

said...

Listen to you Miss Productive! It feels good to have a clean house, doesn't it? Seems to make the brain work better for some reason...