Tuesday, May 6, 2008

BETCHA FOALED!

Adam and I are now the proud human parents of Betcha's new dun stud colt. I have not seen him personally, BUT I have heard he is quite handsome. I will be visiting him at the end of May and I will be sure to take plenty of pictures. I was really hoping for a filly (girl), but I have heard the little guy is quite handsome and has a small star on his forehead. I am so very excited to go visit. I had a hard time getting her bred she just wouldn't stay in foal and now, she has a beautiful baby on the ground. The baby is in NM, with Mommy, and Betcha is going to get rebred back to the same stallion. So I am purdy dang excited.

In other bnews I made a lot of cake tonight. I made a Genoise with Strawberries and Cream. It's kind of a complicated cake but it is really delicious. The first cake i made I wasn't careful enough with, so I quickly whipped up another one. Now that I have really had nothing but strawberries and whipped cream and cake I feel sick! But I have mastered a new cake technique.

Today was ok, someone asked how soon until Adam comes home. Now it seems SOON. If everything goes according to plan (which it rarely does) I am soon closing in on the the time to move to Washington (I was more specific but Adam got on and said CHANGE IT, too specific). Obviously, I can't really say much more than that. I am really just trying to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME. :) I have a countdown in my head. Part of me is excited and part of me is like CRAP, I have a LOT to do between now and then. Packing my house seems like a lot of work in some respects, but in others its seems kind of normal and very manageable. I should time myself to see how long it actually takes me because I have moved ALL MY LIFE, and particularly a lot in the last couple of years due to college. So. I have kind of gotten to the point where moving is just a part of living. I have several days of packing ahead, but since I have had it on my mind for a while, I have been trying not to buy stuff I have to move, and I unpacked things in a way that they would be easy to pack up again.

UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE I KNOW AND LOVE (BUTTHEAD) I save the original boxes for this, I keep them until I move, then I know whether or not I needed it to pack that way expensive things go back in the boxes they came out of and are protected in their travels, unlike someones huge unwieldy television. ;) Some of my furniture I knew was going to be temporary, so I am not hurt that it will stay behind. Less to pack. Hopefully we will be in our new place a while. IE longer then 9 months. I am so freaking sick of moving it's insane. I am really to have a place we can personalize a little. Rather then just another white walled apartment.

Well I am super excited about my foal. I can't wait to see him.

1 comment:

said...

Yay! I can't wait to see him either. I love baby horses (as my daughters would say)!

Congrats on the move. Keep up the blog so we can know what you're up to!!