Friday, May 16, 2008

He Called

For an hour! It's the first time I have talked to him in forever. My friend and I were eating lunch and so it was sort of awkward. He was his typical playful self and that was the best thing to hear in the entire world. Nothing could better then to him be his "regular self." I am fully aware that there may be days coming when it will seem like he is not the person I know. That is ok.

I think I am the luckiest person to have found him. Today one of my friends from college said to me,"Good he is coming back and hopefully you guys will have sometime to figure out if you still like each other." I don't need to figure it out. I know already. That is a good feeling, and talking to him on the phone like we saw each other yesterday has to be the most comforting thing on the planet. He knows when to read me, make fun of me, push me and be sweet. It is hard not to herofy him. He is the kind of guy that when you are arguing and you are ready to give in, he gives in too, and you realize that you both are willing to compromise to make the other a little happier. It is such a sweet feeling.

I was trying to figure out what he wanted from the stuff he mailed home to his Mom's house. He said,"Pack anything the looks important." How the heck am I going to know if something looks important?!?!? I said,"Well, nothing can be too terribly important if you can't even think of what it is to tell me to bring." He said,"Nope, as long as I have you and a place to sleep, I am golden." He was surprised I knew his favorite food. What a butthead. Who does he think I am? I am the life ruining girlfriend. Duh ;) I can't wait until he comes home so I can ruin his life some more.

Night other army significant others! If I can make it this far, you can too! I know it is worth it.

These are the lyrics that are us:
If you just realize what I just realized,
Then we'd be perfect for each other
and will never find another
Just realized what I just realized
we'd never have to wonder if
we missed out on each other now.

4 comments:

S.J. said...

1.) Good song, I could hear the tune in my head while I was reading it.

2.) It's so great to see you so happy in all your blog posts lately. It's true that energy spreads--and right now I get positive vibes from just knowing you are out there radiating them.

3.) I think I may have asked you before when he comes home, but maybe you can't answer me?!? I'm guessing from the way you have been talking about it that it's soon that I thought. YAY! *jumps for joy*

said...

Colbie Caillat!! I love that song!

So glad you were able to talk to him for that long. That is SO nice...(and I hate when its in the middle of something else and feels a bit awkward. Eh, we take what we can get, don't we?)

I am happy that you're happy Jenna. I can't wait to hear about his homecoming so I can be happier for you! (and yeah, jealous too)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

love that song! :)

i'm so glad you got to talk to him. ironically, my phone crapped out on me today and i haven't been able to talk to matt at all. maybe my bad luck transferred to give you good luck :)

Caitlin said...

Yay for being happy :) Great to talk to you today, hope the moving went well.