Monday, June 2, 2008

I made it to Wyoming.

And I am leaving for Washington Wednesday. I am borrowing my little sister, Rae to travel with me.

The last couple of days, on my way here, the clutch went out of my truck, SO I thought I was going to have to fly to Wyoming and borrow my Dad's truck. Fortunately I found someone to replace my clutch in ONE day. They were very nice.

I manage to make the long 2 days to Wyoming. I stopped in Colorado Springs, and saw some old friends and that provided some much needed relief and stress break.

So I got in and I started cleaning packing doing my to do list. Then my stepmom showed up and was like, "You should come drink margaritas and stay at my house, I have "your" bed all made up." I thought to my self stay at my house, make my own bed, OR have margaritas and not have to deal with anything..... TOUGH CHOICE.

So I am hiding out and shirking from some of my responsibilities. I got a bunch of stuff done, but i have a bunch more to do. I am going to make a list of what seems feasible. I just want to go now to Washington and not deal with any of the stuff here. I does feel good though in some ways to move out of my old "childhood" room so my sister Sarah can have it. It feels like I am really growing up, and consolidating and throwing out a lot of stuff I really don't need. So it is good. All my responsibilities to the horses here at the ranch are just going to have to wait until I really have a good amount of time to dedicate to them. Hopefully I will find some time in July. I don't have anything so pressing it cannot wait another 2 months. That is what I have to keep telling myself. It is hard though to see all the work that needs to be done and not freak out. Sigh. Soon is getting sooner. :) I am very excited. I should be in Washington by Thursday evening. Then all I have to do is unload my stuff and wait for Adam to come home. Spend time with Adam's Mom Pam and my family (if they have time to come).

Adam here I come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!

said...

Hooray! Glad to hear that you're safe. And thanks for keeping up the posting so we know how you're doing!

Caitlin said...

Yay, best of luck with everything :)