Sunday, June 8, 2008

Owie and the big K

Someone asked me today if I was excited. I am. Sort of. I was super insane over the top excited about 30 -35 days ago. Now I am just here and happy to be here but in a little bit of shock. Adam called today from the big K and I was happy to hear that he was safe, but at the same time, there was nothing he could really talk about and he had nothing to do. I talked at him for a little while and while I was chatting with him I bent down to look at some silverware and some how popped my knee out. I tried to pop it back in by straightening it and it really hurt for a second and then it seemed better. I am not sure what I did, but man it hurts like hell! Now it is sore and hurts to bend. If i stand on it straight it is fine, but if I move and bend (like to sit down or to get up or to get out of the car) OWIE! :( Not good.

I wish I could tell you about the count down, but I can't and that makes sense. So yeah. Pam leaves tomorrow, and my stepmom is coming to visit with my other sister. I very affectionately call my step mother my smother. It will be good to see her.

I bought curtains today. They are gold and I love them and I hope Adam likes them. I kept handing off the phone today after I hobbled myself because it is super awkward to shop and talk on the phone you can't tslk about anything personal. Finally, I kind of told the butt head I had to go, and that was kind of sad for him, but there is nothing else I can do for him here and now.

I am a little worried because I do feel kind of dull to him coming home and I am wondering what is wrong with me??? I think it is because he won't truly be mine until everyone leaves, or I wonder if I am just suppressing all my feelings about everything right now? It is very surprising to me that I am so blank. I feel really lost. Really lost, when I am awake I want to be sleeping and when I am sleeping I constantly wake up. I don't know what the problem is. I think it is that everyone is coming and going and I am thankful for all the support I just need some quiet time with my thoughts. I think I am just going to get my stepmom a hotel room, then I will be alone in my apartment but not too alone. It is so weird that I am on overload because I was living by myself with no friends for so long. Anyways, we will see how I feel in the next couple of days. So weird. Night.

2 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Ow! Hope your knee feels better soon. That sounds painful.

Oh..and about my pics. Yeah..it's kind of hard to smile and work the camera at the same time, but also I feel I tend to look a bit goofy when I'm doing self-portrait smiles. Ha ha

said...

Ouch! Your knee probably is out of whack due to the long driving. Sounds very painful! Get thee to a doctor silly!

Your feelings sound similar to mine. I'm nervous about his R&R and that's not til October! I guess its a little weird not knowing what its going to be like. I would imagine I would feel the same way.

Hang in there. Hugs!