Monday, June 23, 2008

WARNING: Blissful Jenna on the Prowl

All I have to say is: THE WAIT IS WORTH IT. OMG it is so nice to have him home. I am floating on cloud nine.

I had a panic day where I was worried about whether I had made the right choice and what if I had prince charming-ized Adam and what was I doing here away from everything I had known and then I was reading this uber conservative Christian book about relationships and I freaked out.. So i went cry to Adam and he held me and said everything thing was going to be fine and this was normal and i would get used to it an I would develop a schedule. You know all the stuff I need to hear on a regular basis.

And he was right. The things I was worried about, panned out, and things make sense again. It's not perfect, I am learning. I am learning I have to start cooking dinner before we get hungry or we will eat out or snack before I get it done. I am learning that both of us have A LOT of shoes. I am learning to take my vitamins (::glares as Adam hands her her vitamins and drink::) and to enjoy someone caring about me enough to make me take them. I am learning he is a lot more efficient at building the furniture that comes out of a box if I DON'T try and help.

I think the transition of I don't need his help to do this stuff, to I can let him help me do stuff was kind of a hurdle. No I don't need him to make me breakfast, but he will sometimes. It's wonderful.

Saturday we went hiking with some friends of mine and although I am not a great hiker it was so great to see friends and hang out. I really enjoyed the hell out of it. Which informs me that I should try and make some more friends while I am here. I am not really sure how I am going to pull it off. I am sure I will.

I bought a book on hikes and "walks" in my area there is a lot of stuff around here to walk around :). So if anyone is in the area and wants to go on "walks". Maybe we could meet in some very public place and go on a walk.

I am heading to Vermont to do some business with / for my mother for a week. I hope Adam is going to be ok here in the house by himself.... with out me cooking vegetables for him..... :)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yay, I'm glad you're getting used to life with Adam. It is a bit stressful but if it's meant to work out, it always will.

I hope you're doing great!