Friday, June 13, 2008

Settling in..

I thought about calling this post day 2, but then I will start counting since he was deployed and that seems like a silly way to measure our lives. I am loving living with Adam. Yesterday my stepmother (my smother) came over with my little sisters and all of us cooked dinner (Taco Salad). I had a some margaritas, I bought that Jose Cuervo Gold premade, with the Grand Marnier; I was pretty dang impressed. Then I made brownies for dessert. We all sat out on my tiny patio with all my bajillion candles lit, and it was pretty fun.

I love having my family here, but they are leaving today. It's time for me to get on with my day a little more. I am still wanting a nap after Adam leaves for work. I am hoping that I will get used to his schedule a bit more. Today he is off to see the dentist.

It's pretty funny. I know next to nothing about the army, so poor Adam, I am CONSTANTLY asking questions about what he supposed to do and how X works and yadda yadda. There is a lot of stuff to understand that for sure.

Anyways, he woke up this morning and said,"YEAY! We survived day one!" He is so funny. Having him go to work is hard I start to get antsy and worry when he is gone for to long now. Hopefully he won't be called away really soon because that would be hard. I am getting used to it. Maintaining a house is a lot of work.Well small nap then some dishes.

4 comments:

New Girl on Post said...

Taco salad sounds delicious! I'm glad you guys are having a such a good time together.

Caitlin said...

I'm glad you're so happy :) Congrats!

said...

Hey girl! I'm happy to hear that things are fun and just like old times. Good for you!

Your body will adjust to his schedule soon enough. Sounds like you still have lots to keep you busy!

loqi said...

Since we haven't heard from you I'm assuming life is wonderful, which rocks! :-D