Wednesday, September 5, 2007

NTL and the Post Office

The army loves its acronyms. The other night when Adam and I had a rare moment where we were just happy to see each other and not overly stressed out we were talking about his new team leader. His team doesn't seem to get along with him very well and thats kind of a disappointment because Adam really liked his old team leader and Adam has been training to be team leader. So anyways, I am very proud of myself because I made my first VERY OWN army acronym: NTL. New team leader doesn't get a name he gets to be my new acronym.

So yeah. Adam seems to be doing well, his back is recovering and I sent a bajillion boxes for our anniversary. Unfortunately he has to wait for 2 weeks to get it. Oh well, such is life. It's too bad it costs so much to mail him stuff or I would mail him stuff even more than I do now. Adam thinks all mail going to and coming from Iraq should be free. Well his letters come to me for free, but not boxes to him. Or maybe if you could just get some sort of discount? That would thrill me. I got charged extra because of the box's dimensions. I usually use flat rate boxes, but this time I couldn't get the thing I was sending to fit in it. It is a pain in the butt to be penalized cuz something is a little larger. The post lady told me anything over a cubic foot gets penalized, my box was 14 by 14 by like 7 inches and that was more expensive :: rolls eyes:: whatever. I am a regular at the post office and the clerk knows me by name and thinks its great that I send Adam boxes so often. LOL She keeps a stash of flat rate boxes for me and customs forms. I try to have everything all in order when I go in to mail them. It's quite hilarious that the best way to show my love for my boyfriend is filling out customs forms before I go to the post office. It makes you wonder, how the hell did I get here? And when is this going to make sense again? No regrets though.

Anyways. Night All.

No comments: