Monday, September 3, 2007

Last....

.. bit of clean Adam clothing going into his box, rinse of his toothbrush before storage, whiff of his body wash before sealing and putting away, and last COKE CAN RINSED OUT AND PUT AWAY. Adam has this funny, slightly irritating habit of leaving half drunk coke cans EVERYWHERE. I finally found them all and threw them all away. It has been just over a month since he left. I am still hanging on to his stuff and not putting it away like I could have done weeks ago. The stuff is out and cluttering the house and my Dad insisted that I pick up before he comes home in two weeks. So I am reluctantly picking up and moving on. I haven't changed the sheets since Adam left and I should definitely do that. I know its kind of weird, but I will do anything to hold onto a bit of him a little longer.

I have started to count time in weeks because unlike days they don't seem so overwhelming, and unlike months they seem to pass a little more quickly. 48 left! :)

PS The cake in jar seems to work really well as far as I can tell. Jury is out until Adam receives it and gives proper feedback. Thanks for the tips on care packages ( a series of links left in a comment two posts ago), they are invaluable!!

No comments: