Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Little Things

When Adam is gone I find there are little things that remind me of him really strongly and a evoke a certain moment we were together. I was playing around with my new video ipod and I watch movies on it not because it is all I have to watch movies, but because he gave it to me and I feel special that he cared enough to spend the money he earns literally with sweat to spend it on something for me. Something that he took the time to figure out that I would like. I just feel a little closer when I think about all those things. So as materialistic as it is I always feel cozy when I watch movies on it.

Then today while I was hanging around I decided to watch Night at the Museum on the the ipod. This made me really happy because we went to see Night at the Museum together at the theater right after we had argued about something and we were trying to chill out and just have fun at the movie theater. The movie was great and we left really happy. So when I see the movie now I remember going to see it and how happy we were when we left. It is these little things that are like having special little moments where he is not so far away. These are the little things that sometimes make you happy. Sometimes they make you sad because you miss them more. Today they made me feel better and I didn't feel so far away.

Fanks Sweetheart- for the little things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i <3 my video iPod. good choice for adam! =)

Butthead said...

heheh That was the same night we had a flat and and to change it all gussied up.

good times

Jenna said...

no silly that was the night we were in albequerque! We saw eragon the night we had the stupid flat tire...