Monday, April 7, 2008

Today was a good day

I went to the lasik place to get my pre-op check up. They told me exactly what I thought they would: astigmatism in my left eye, nearsighted, and all though young, an ideal candidate for lasik. Minimal correction, because I am young I will heal fast.

In fact the only thing stopping me from having it TOMORROW is I have no one to drive me home. I can't drive myself home. I'll be able to drive later that day, but not right after the operation. The next day you have to go in for a follow up appointment. Since the place is close to 2 hours away from the ranch, I might stay at a hotel near the place and get it done in the evening, and go in for my post op the next morning. Hmmm.

I stopped at Chili's on he way home because the traffic was so bad, and I was having trouble seeing since they dilated my eyes and put numb drops in them.. Fun Fun. Chili's has this great mini burger appetizer that I just love. I wanted to ride my horse, Chewy, when I came home, so even though it was 7:30 I caught her and rode her in the indoor. Normally, I would be a little apprehensive about riding her alone in the evening because she is not as solid as my other horse. She spooks more easily and she more energy and can be kind of grumpy sometimes. She was an angel. She was so solid, sure, and hard working tonight. I was amazed. Then when she got tired, I took her to the warm water bath and she followed me right up into the dark barn into the wash rack, What a brave girl!

I am very glad I got her out and pushed her a little. She is shaping up to be something special. You will know I have got her when I can ride her bareback in the dark back to her pen. Then we will have a winner, but for tonight, for where she is, she was excellent. Nothing more heartwarming then a horse like that (mean a horse that's not super friendly) really putting out a lot of effort for you.

This is one of the reasons I really like riding horses I have raised. For some people it doesn't make a difference, but to me it really does. :: shrug:: Preferences.

Adam imed to tell me about his pokemon and I was out. :( I am bummed to have missed him.

1 comment: