Friday, April 4, 2008

Temperature and Sleeping

I am shivering because I turned off the heat and the air conditioning. When it is winter I have the heat set at 64-68, when it is summer so far I have had the AC set around 70. Over 74 and I wake up yucky. It is exactly 68 in my house right now. It's cool enough in the morning for heat in my car, but by the time I drive home I'd like ac. The high today was 63, it was lovely. So I guess I will have to go find my big comforter for one or 2 more nights. LOL oh well, can't complain about the weather when although finding the right in house temperature is hard, the riding temperature is perfect. I really don't mind it being too warm in the house except for sleeping. Being too hot when I sleep gives me the worst nightmares :(. The worst is when I have a bad fever.

I haven't been sleeping very well for one reason or another and I had been dragging my feet at work and stuff, not going to bed early enough to be alert if I talked to Adam in the middle of the night. So yesterday, I got up early to make Leon a birthday cake, and then dropped it off and found out I didn't have work. So I tried to go back to sleep. No dice, too much chocolate frosting :). So I went to feed the horses, and went I came back I laid down on my bed to watch a movie. I fell asleep about 7 PM and I woke up in a panic around 11:30 PM thinking I had overslept. When I realized I hadn't I ate a hotdog, took my daily vitamin and went back to sleep and slept until morning (with one MINOR 20 minute butthead interruption). So now I lay awake, hoping that after I write this blog I will be able to fall asleep because I scheduled to have my truck looked at tomorrow at 8 am. That was the time they had available. :(

I will be glad to have Adam home and have a more regular sleep schedule. It's not just him waking me up (which I would rather be woken up than not talked to for sure!), it is me not wanting to lay in the dark and miss him so I just wait until I am so tired there is no possible way I could stay awake any longer. I just wish there was some other activity that counted towards sleeping. I have decided that if I am laying in bed, ready for bed, with the lights off and listening to my ipod or watching Howls Moving Castle or Spirited Away, I can count that as sleeping. Usually I will eventually fall asleep if I do these two things. I wish Myazaki had made more movies that we mostly light hearted. My neighbor Totoro is too kiddie, Naussica is too sad. I need to add more movies than just those two because they are starting to get a little old. Anyways. That's tonight's saga. (PS I am NOT obsessed with HMC...)

No comments: