Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Competent

Last night I didn't sleep well. I couldn't fall asleep (too much tea??). Then once I did fall asleep, Butthead rang! So I drug myself awake and talked for an hour and a half. We talked about horses and moving and me not talking much because I was tired. So around 2:30 I went back to sleep. Then he got back on at 5:30 and I was like NO! I am sleeping! Then I went back to sleep and he got on again at 8:30. I drug myself out of bed after 5 hours of sleep and took a shower.

Needless to say it was a struggle to get myself to work this morning. Once I got there I did some computer work and then I started to ride. The riding went great. I rode all 3 of my horses plus one of Leon's. My horses in training are making good progress and Leon seemed pleased with how I rode one of his horses. All in all I finally feel like I am becoming a competent rider. As I drove home today, I realized that the kind of progress and type of work I did today, I could do everyday. The amount of progress I made both riding and on the computer made me realize that if I couldn't do any better then exactly what I was doing right now it would be enough. A little computer work, work on my horses, get horses ready to go to horse shows. If I could get paid to do what I am doing right now I would keep doing it I think. I think it is enough for me. That's a new thing, I am not sure I have felt that way about anything in a long time. I am hoping that this feeling comes to me more and more in the next couple of years. I always have the sensation that I haven't accomplished enough, now for a brief moment I feel that I have hit some mental point that is relevant. What a weird feeling for me.

Next note, Leon's birthday is tomorrow and I am going to make him a cake. It just seems far away to go get the regular coke to make coca cola cake. Yum Yum. 5 hours of sleep isn't helping.

To lovely, you are very welcome for the comment. Now if i could figure out how to get my regular views to comment more ::pokes viewers::.


28 days....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you guys. Time differences suck. =(

S.J. said...

Yeah I deleted Sailor's Sweetie because I needed a fresh start to my blog. You can add this new link if you want. Of course I still have the same situation w/ the bf in the Navy so I'll be writing about that too.
I'm glad you guys got to talk even if it was early in the morning. My bf hasn't been able to call me yet--I miss hearing his voice.
I hope you are having a better day than I am--I'm stuck at my horrible internship.