Friday, April 18, 2008

Another Confusing Day

Just trying to figure out my place in the world, feeling supremely lost. I am so glad to hear that Lala got a call back for an interview.

My step mother sent me this today and honestly at this hour, this far away from Adam I think it is what is holding me together.

I guess the sayings are attributed to Andy Rooney, that's what the email said. Here it is:

---------------------------

Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react
to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we
bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive
thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates
extraordinary results.

ANONYMOUS

ENLIGHTENED PERSPECTIVE

If you will take the time to read these. I promise you'll come away with
an enlightened perspective. The subjects covered affect us all on a
daily basis:


They're written by Andy Rooney , a man who has the gift of saying so
much with so few words. Enjoy.......

I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of
an elderly person.

I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.


I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my
day!' makes my day.

I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of
the most peaceful feelings in the world.


I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have
the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to
be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and
a heart to understand.

I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on
summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything
we ask for.

I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make life
so spectacular.

I've learned... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to
be appreciated and loved.

I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I 've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are
only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.

=I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to
surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a
smile.

I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with
them.

I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take
the ones you miss.

I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock
elsewhere.

I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her
one more time before she passed away.

I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender,
because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned.... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your
looks.

I've learned.... That when your newly born grandchild holds your little
finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but
all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things
I get done.
------------------------

I'll tell you what I have learned tonight. I have learned that many people care for me and I am growing immensely as a person. I have a lot of hard decisions to make in the very near future. So I apologize for being melancholy in advance. It's good to have my parents and Adam's Mom in my camp. I don't feel so alone. That's a good feeling.

Adam remember I love you more than anything and I cannot wait for you to come home.

Night Everyone

2 comments:

S.J. said...

First of all, I really liked your post tonight with all the inspirational pearls of wisdom. I love what you have written and I've put it in a word document and saved it for myself.

Second of all, I can't thank you enough for the comment you wrote on my last blog about the whole falling out of love thing. You are so kind and thoughtful (better than most of my friends actually) and I seriously, seriously can't thank you enough. You are a little angel :)

Hang in there with whatever you are struggling with. You clearly have people who love you--and that's all we really need in life.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna!


PEEEKY BOOO! :tickle Tickle:


:)

Okay ...hummm.....so no smile.
See I fail sometimes too. But I refuse to let it stop me!

pam