Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rant

The problem with ranting anywhere: on my blog, in real life, on the phone....where ever; is that you don't want the person (and situation) you are ranting about to hear or read your rant. Thus I am very careful when I am unhappy about something to rant to my best friend or to someone who doesn't have any chance in hell of meeting the person I am ranting about. Mainly though, I try never to say (write) things that I would be unhappy having ANYONE read. I try to never say out loud the stuff that will get me in trouble. I don't need my facebook coming back to bite me in the ass.

That said there are two situations about which I am going to be purposefully vague.

One:
When you want something done, you need to give other people more than a day's notice. I have a problem arising where I had told someone about a specific appointment that I had made with them and told them verbally several times. Now they want to go on vacation over that day that I have the commitment, and I could I please change my plans? On top of that, can I do some things for that person while they are not around? Seriously, I don't mind "next day" things once in a while, I do that myself, but consistently not giving notice? It's enough to make me want to turn off my phone.

Two:
If you want someone to do something for you that you normally do, have it set up so they can do it. Don't ask me to mow the lawn and have no gas for the lawn mower or feed the dogs and have no dog food. Especially if I SPECIFICALLY ASK if something is ready to go? Is this ready? Is it all laid out for me? I can't even tell you how much this pisses me off. Something that should have taken 30 minutes, took me 2 HOURS!

The other problem with that is not have a system to do a daily menial task to make it as fast and efficient as it could possibly be REALLY REALLY bothers me. It's like a ocd thing. I try never to make an extra trip to the car if can help it. Or I will find the fastest way into town and have alternate routes if some way is taking too long. I HATE things that are not as streamlined as possible. Now sometimes, I say I just meandering today and I will go a slower way to town, or I will go shopping at the store and browse not just in and out. For the most part though, I want to do things that require no thinking as quickly and easily as is humanely possible. I will spend more time thinking about a way to do if faster than actually doing whatever it is myself.

So inefficient systems, especially other peoples that I am just taking care of, drive me up the wall.

Ok I am done ranting for now. I feel better. Sometimes, if you just really rant at your best friend on the phone say they can say things like,"You are absolutely right!" and "What is their problem?!?!" Your best friend can also confirm that you are not crazy and have a good reason to be angry.

On a brighter note, today was Leon's birthday and I made a double chocolate coca cola cake. I modified the online recipes slightly, took out the oil, did butter instead of margarine and instead of cocoa powder, I used 2 block of unsweetened bakers chocolate and melted it with the butter. I have to say I wasn't sure how the extra liquid was going to affect it but it it came out moist but not gooey, it released from the pan perfectly and held up well enough to be manipulated on to the necessary decorating foil and then onto the platter. I have to say I am throughly impressed with how it came out. I think I could have used a little less baking soda and they would have been flatter and been easier to frost. Meh, they said they loved it so it looks like it was a hit. Then I was lazy and frosted it with store bought frosting. Maybe I will get a chance to make another and play with these variables a little. :) I really like to bake, I don't mind regular cooking to, I have just been lazy about it lately. I have some recipes for spinach dip that I am going to try with Kale instead of spinach. I'll have to tell you guys about my "gold star chores chart" some time and how it motivates me to do all my "house work." Ever since that went up I have been doing more cooking.
:)

No comments: