Monday, February 25, 2008

SO SICK

I am what Adam and I call "Sick-O Puppy-O." This is a phrase that comes from me complaining about being as sick as a dog. Some how that got transformed and added to the Jenna-Adam dictionary.

I called in sick at work and literally slept ALL DAY LONG. I feel a lot better now. If I can convince myself to sleep all night long too, that would be great. I stayed in, and did all the things we do to make ourselves better when we are sick. I took some emergen-c, drank cranberry juice, ate PIZZA (thats an Adam thing), and watched my latest favorite tv show (right now Ghost Hunters), and SLEPT. I am pretty sure I have a head cold because I have the most incredible head pressure.

My Dad and his finance came to visit for the weekend and that was a lot of fun. We went to see Fool's Gold. It was your typical corny romantic comedy with Matthew McConaughey. It was cute though. We rode horses, talked business, and then he left this morning, that was sad.

So I am still sorting out my future and we are counting down to Adam's return and my future in Washington. I really identify with some other people's blogs, what I am doing with my life within the confines of army life? Am I going to be able to do it without traveling all the time?

You just never know what the real situation is going to be until you get there. I can plan to do X or Y, but until I get there and see how I feel and see what our real routine is, and how bad the driving really is and how much I end up being alone and how much I need to be riding and how much I need to be out of the house and and and. (That is the LONGEST run on sentence...)

So I feel pretty futile in planning, I feel like I need to go back to Washington and look some more. I am not really sure that would help. I just want to make sure I get everything set up for Adam to come home. I have thought about how I am going to pack.

I realized though that I have never set out to do something in my life that hasn't had a specific end date, like high school or college. I mean I think I am going to keep working with Leon, by flying down to visit him. So that doesn't have a set end point. Looking to move to Washington for only 2 years is another cap, then its like what's next. So yeah. I think that continuing towards my dreams, despite of the myriad of limitations imposed upon us by the army, is going to be a challenge. However, most things worth having are worth working for. So carry on!

No comments: