Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sleeping on the floor.....

Recently I have been working out and stretching at home so I could get in better shape for riding. Riding all day can be hard on your lower back and thighs and your occipital muscles (the ones that hold your head straight so your eyes can focus). So I have begun some very light and kind of sporadic work with those weighted medicine balls. I have an 8 lb-er and a 5 lb-er and I got mine at Walmart and they come with a little work out DVD. So I do my warm up on the world's oldest nordic track and then start with Mia Ferguson (sp?) and my little weighted ball routine. Then something thing really weird happens. I am laying on the floor relaxing after stretching and I fall asleep. Sometimes for 20 minutes sometimes for an hour. The first time it happened I slept for like 2 hours! It's very strange. It's like I totally relax and crash.

All in all I have been very good with my eating and exercising. I talked to my Dad today and he helped me to see things in a different light and I feel more relaxed and less anxious about my life right now and that's a huge relief I must say. i was able to get through my day without having this constant panicky weight on my shoulders.

However to keep up this routine it is imperative that I sleep more. So with that said. I think I am going to try and sleep.... in my bed. I guess if all else fails I can work out a little and stretch and crash on my living room floor... :)

No comments: