Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Upbeat but decidedly so

So I realized perusing my blogs of late that I have very upbeat in the blogs which strikes me as quite funny because you think that would reflect that Adam and I have settled into some comfortable state where we aren't arguing and we are coping and yadda yadda! Au contraire! Mostly it has been that the arguments aren't fit for polite company and as much as I am into being candid and brutally honest somethings are really just too personal.

In the broad face of things we have pretty much decided that fighting is pointless, there is absolutely JACK we can do at this point in time. That very logical fact does not always stop us from arguing, but it does allow us to put the argument away and say "lets talk about something else" in a guilt-free manner. I like things that are guilt-free.

We are reading a book together, but the book I chose hits a little close to home sooooo we are careful when we discuss this. We have had a bunch of set backs and honestly 2 days ago the problems and worries seemed really present and I was having a hard time focusing and basically life just sucked. Now I am getting over the things that were throwing me for a loop (like having to move to Texas 100% BY MYSELF!). I have found that for me time fixes just about everything. So yes we have had some pretty unhappy low points, but at the same time I feel like I can say to Adam we knew these really hard days would come. You swallow your bitter pill, pick up the pieces and move on together the best you can. It's ad hoc, but in the scheme of the rest of our lives, it is a drop in the bucket.

Fortunately everything has an upside, and our upside is this: I am hoping that when he gets back the trials and tribulations we have gone through will cement us together, and more "regular" or "normal" problems will seem trivial. That we will have passed a test of rigor that unknown to other couples. That part is comforting.

Adam is unreachable for a while, so here is a little wish of good will to him that he is safe and okay and that he knows I love him dearly and wouldn't trade our relationship for anything in the world. Not even for a cutting championship (though I might be tempted BUT only for a millisecond).

1 comment:

Kayli Marie said...

I agree with you. Austin and I always say that if we can get through this deployment (which we are doing a good job of) we can get through anything! It takes a lot of patience and strength on both sides. Deployments aren't all rainbows and butterflies but we manage to get through them, just day by day. You guys will be okay. :o] Austin and I argue sometimes also!