Saturday, October 27, 2007

My horses must hate me

We have been traveling hard for 2 days and I am going to make them get on the trailer again tomorrow. Tomorrow it is only a 5 hour trip which isn't so bad.

I am going to hate myself come Monday. I don't have internet at my new place yet. I might have to settle for DSL. Adam is going to try to get a hold of me and for some reason (he broke his headset or the people he is with are sleeping etc etc) he will only be able to internet me and I will be internet free.

I am trying so hard to think of positive things about next year when Adam comes back and all I can think about is how I have no idea how we are going to make this work. So today in the car I decided that I am not going to think about it anymore. I am not going to wreck this amazing opportunity I have in Texas for the next 7 months with worry about my future. I have to do this for myself or I know I will regret it forever. So I have to use this time that I am not tied to the whims of the army wisely. Once Adam comes back I know we will be tethered at the hip and I will be practically unable to be away from him for many many reasons. I think it will be good for me to be as independant as I can before Adam gets back.

When Adam left for Iraq I gained weight practically uncontrollably and I think I am ready to address this bad habit into which I have allowed myself to participate. I notice that a lot of women try to lose weight during their significant other's deployment. So in that spirit, I am not going to try to lose weight per se, I am just going to try to eat more healthily and get more exercise and hopefully that will impact my waist line more positively than my current eating habits :D. We'll see. Currently no promises. So tired.I thought I would be talking to Adam again by now, but apparently that is not the case, so i will leave a bunch of messages around the internet to remind him that I am thinking of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel you with the trying to loose weight thing... lol... i thought- hey- why not surprise matt when he gets home and look totally awesome! and that lasted about a week... oooohhh well....

(and sometimes, i think denial is the best way to cope.)