Friday, October 19, 2007

Close at Hand

Well Adam has become close at hand again (meaning I can talk to him) and I feel as though we have settled into a comfortable routine. We sort of resolved some of the lingering things that had been kind of hanging over our heads and talked for along time last night. That feels really good. All I can say about it is at least the bad days give you a perspective for the good days. Kaylie's boyfriend, Austin, made it home for a while LUCKY GIRL! I am so happy for her, I think being an army significant other you feel joy for people when their significant other comes home in way that make "normal" people confused, but regardless, I think lots of people in their camp will sleep better.

I have decided to go visit Adam's family for whatever time I get off from Thanksgiving. Adam's Mom (Pam) likes to cook and I like to cook so I think Adam can expect cookies in the mail. Plus I know they are the only people who can listen to me talk about Adam 24/7 and not want to kill me at the end of the day. I don't know, it just seems like the right thing to do. Plus then I an tease him about his new car and hang out with his sib-os.

It's a good way to feel close to Adam even though he is far. I know he will feel a little homesick, but then he will have one place to reach us all. Anyways I think that it may be less stressful then hanging with my own family cuz his family doesn't really know stories about me and I won't have to hear the stories about the time I did X, Y, or Z. That will be VERY nice. Plus when you want to visit someone else's family you are committed and I don't mean like being crazy. I mean you know that you aren't think about how awkward it will be if you break up, because those thoughts don't bother your mind any more and that's peace of mind. That's the anchor that makes you feel good about the day to day.

4 comments:

Butthead said...

NANO Spark is MINE!! no girls allowed ! Sheesh shes a girl car not a Girly car.

Mauw?

Butthead said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
monster's mom said...

I know what you mean. I just wrote another post about how people don't understand what it feels like to be involved with someone who is deployed. It just sucks!!

Anyway, was it you that posted a comment on my blog about website design? couldn't figure it out! :)