Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just Miserable

So here I am the DFW airport hanging out, waiting for my flight when I hear this cheering and yelling. I look over less then two gates away an army plane of GIs is deboarding and all the happy families and wifes and everyone is cheering for the soldiers coming home. I get up and leave the gate area. I can't seem to stop crying. I knew they flew in here, but I didn't realize they would be so close. All these happy family get their soldiers back. I want mine back to. I guess that's not the way it works, today's not my day and I get to wait until another day.

I want to happy for them, and I am, but that doesn't make it any easier to see the soldier and hear the cheers. Now they are all going to come flooding by me. I get to watch them head off to where ever they are going to continue on their journeys. I wonder how the soldiers feel about their deboarding party. I bet it's hard for some know they still have two more plane flights until they get to their home. I know I would have a hard time with it, but I am really sensitive to things like that. Oh well, my flight doesn't leave for a while so I think I will hide out a couple of gates away until things die down a little and I can get the crying under control. People are staring at me, but I don't really care because they would be crying to I am sure.

1 comment:

monster's mom said...

Is it me, or is it just miserable month? Deployment is hard on this side of the fence too! Amen sister.