Monday, March 22, 2010

Anniversary

Yesterday was Adam's and my one year wedding anniversary. It is hard to believe it has already been a year. It's a little hard to believe that out of that first year of marriage we only got to spend 6 months together. I hung out with some friends and visited Tombstone, AZ yesterday and made sure to eat a bunch of Girl Scout cookies to celebrate. There was not enough cake left over to save plus that would involve living in one place.... ha ha ha ha. Not likely.

Adam is going to get midtour leave soon and so I am going to have to cut my trip in Arizona short and head home. I am not as excited as I thought I would be, but I know it is just a matter of time. I know it hasn't really hit me yet and when it does it will be like a tsunami or a big rig truck. I am trying to keep it in the back of my mind as much as possible. Once I am in the grip of Adam coming home excitement, watch out. I am a maniac and nothing else matters and you can't talk to me about anything else. You might see why I put this off until the very last moment. Normally I am so excited at the airport I cry and tremble. It's pretty pathetic. Oh well, I just bring a box of tissues and make the best of it.

I am ready for this deployment to be over. Really ready. I would almost trade midtour leave for him coming home to stay two weeks earlier. I am sure he needs the break, but I could hang on until the end of the tour if it meant he was coming home to stay.

Anyways-- to one successful year of marriage and hopefully to many more.

No comments: