Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Recent Visitor

So I saw this puppy wandering the neighborhood, and I fed it a hotdog (ok 2). I noticed he had no collar but he looked skinny, but clean and like he had just escaped his owner. Well I had to go into town anyways so I took him to the Petsmart because they have Lost and Found ads. He trembled the whole ride there, I turned up the heat until he was panting, but that stop it. SO i took him there and filled out and ad and bought some sample pet food and a pet dish and one of those over the head leashes that you can use to keep a hold of one. I found out where the local pet shelter was. Being late for work I took him with me to work. He sat in my truck on a blanket and whined and cried while I did some inside work. Alex came out to see him and mentioned that he sorta kinda looks like a pit bull. Hmm ok. Well I called the shelter to see what their policy is and they said they would just put him down. If he looks anything like a pit bull whether or not he is or his temperament, it is to much of a risk to adopt him so they just put them down.

So he is staying with me until I can find a more suitable home. I am going to look into the humane center. I know that they don't put animals down. I heard that they will not take them sometimes.

He is pretty damn cute.

If you know of anyone who is looking for a well behaved puppy. He seems to be house broke he is still just kind of scared of people.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I might know a couple... :D
if its a nice doggie

Jenna said...

Oh really a nice Iraqi couple?

Don't tempt me!