Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How did that go over?

Hmm, so for Adam's birthday I cooked up a plan to mail him a Harry and David's cheesecake. I have not yet heard how it got there. If it hasn't gotten there by now it's toast and needs to be tossed. I devised an elaborate layering of ice packs and coolers and froze the cheesecake itself in hopes of it surviving the trip. I think we should take bets to see who thinks it might make it there. I mean I know that in flight sometimes cargo can get really cold in an airplane because it is not pressurized like the rest of the plane. I have heard that I am not sure it is one hundred percent true, but I am hoping it is and it gives the ice packs a chance to refreeze? Here's to hoping!

So anyways, I am currently on vacation and I am not looking forward to heading back which definitely suggests that I have too much going on. I just am resigned to the fact that no matter what these last couple months are going to be kind of difficult. I have heard the last 30 days are hell. I am already feeling it with 2.5 months to go. I can't even think about the time frame thing I have read about. The army is not going to give Adam an arrival date. It will all depend on what part of his group is leaving and if they make that plane, if there is enough room, etc, etc. So he could be supposed to come home one date and come home a week earlier or later. Right now I am just mentally picking a date and hoping he will come home then. Ugh.

Then we get to move in, and adjust. It's one of those weird things where you are looking forward to something and as if gets closer the passing of another day gets you dramatically closer, but the days pass the same as they did before. So it is just another day down another day closer, and tomorrow will be exactly the same. I know I am in for an emotional roller coaster because the plans will change 10 million times over and I am trying hard not to get attached to any idea or plan. I am trying to not even think of plans. I am blocking them all out of my head. I will know more about my housing by the end of the month. For better or worse right?

Anyways that's my latest update. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha i hope the cheesecake made it!!! that's awesome.