Friday, November 23, 2007

To Be Close

I find I have these moments where I will do all kind of strange things so that I feel comforted and not so far away from Adam. Most obviously I went to stay with his family over Thanksgiving day break. Today I showed Adam's Mom some of the pictures I have that he gave me. They were comforting. You could hear the stryker engine in the background of a clip. The stryker noise was comforting. King smiled at the camera in one of the shots. Knowing he was over there with Adam and that they were not alone. Very comforting.

I smelled the flowers that Adam asked him Mom to get me. They were a little comforting. I am just looking for the little pieces of Adam all around. Any little scrap of Adam comfortness I snatch up. I think it is strange that such discombobulated things make me feel a little less alone.

I pretend that all these things together mean something and I don't know that they do except for me being a little neurotic to bring Adam-ness back into my life. I wonder if this will get better. He called today. It always seems like we talk for maybe 5 seconds, but I know that it is more time then that. I get so excited to talk to him that after we get off the phone I can barely remember what we talked about. Well I hope everyone is having a good holiday.

1 comment:

Kayli Marie said...

isn't it weird how the phone calls don't seem like they're long enough, but at the same time, no matter how short they are, they are in fact long enough because you know they're okay.