Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dull

Well I seem to be suffering from the not-writing-in-the -blog bug, it has been going around it seems. Part of it is there is no news to report. No really news from Adam, no changes, just time passing through the hourglass.

I did get to talk to him last night, but it was fleeting, like it usually is and we didn't say much not because we didn't talk a lot but because there is nothing real to say. I wanted to get his opinion on some things and it was so far from everything he is experiencing now it didn't mean much to him and likewise his responses weren't very useful.

In the Disney movie Robin Hood, the hen and the Fox lady(Maid Marian) are talking and hen says,"Well Absence makes the heart grow fonder," and Maid Marian says, "Or forgetful..." That is ringing very true right now. It's easy to be spacey and forgetful during this holiday season. I am not hoping for anything in this holiday season, I have everything I would like. I know that Adam and I aren't going to get any real quality time together. It's easy to get forgetful. The "fonder" part is true as well, I miss him very much and I love him in a longing sort of way, but you get dull to it. It's old hat. He has been very sweet to me lately and I really cherish and appreciate it, but it is not quite the same. The distance still eats you up.

He talks about people there and things that he is doing to occupy his time and they are his world right now. I wonder how that is going to change when he comes home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really relate to what you wrote here! Forgetful is right. As much as I hate to admit it, it's almost like distance rubs all the glamour and glitter and all the romantic feelings away, and what's left is still love, just not the way it was before the distance. Although I suppose time would do the same thing eventually. It's so not fun.