Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Experiment

I have to say for the most part I did feel a lot better yesterday. I spoke with my Dad for a long time on the phone yesterday and that went really well for once. I don't really think there is anything he can do to shock me.

On a separate note I sometimes wish that I had a totally anonymous blog from my family. I don't think anyone in my family reads my blog, but I don't want to post something that could come back and bite me in the butt. I have been thinking about making another invitation only blog and invite a couple of you guys that I talk to on a regular basis. I would still write in both blog because I know some of you guys lurk and don't comment. It is something I have been thinking about for a while. Meh. Maybe.

Lately I have been forgetful and I am not a very organized person no matter how much I try to be organized I can't seem to get it together. I feel like I have really worked at being more organized, but there never seems to be time to be more organized. Don't get me wrong, I think I take plenty of me time (thought often I do see it as being "lazy") so why can't I take that time and clean house or do something useful with it. My Mother is so neat and clean, hates having the house dirty at all almost to the point of being neurotic about it. I am one of those shove things in the closet to make it look clean types of people. I have always been a procrastinator and I don't know if that is a personality trait or not. I have been trying to be more attentive to procrastinating and doing it less. I definitely avoid stuff by doing other work and justifying it that way.

I have made some mistakes in people's orders that are pretty bad. I have fixed them and made it up to them as best I can, but I still feel like how are people going to view my customer service when I had to fix their order? I wouldn't want to order from me again. I mean people do and they understand it is basically a one person operation, but still. Though I do think my levels of professional standards are higher then the average person and I may be holding myself to a pretty rigid standard.

On top of everything else I find myself waiting for Adam to get home to do stuff. Adam is working 11 hour days right now. Which drives me up the wall because they mostly sit around on base. It wasn't such a big deal to sit around on base in his barracks room when he lived on base. However, now that he can come home at the end of the day, the being on call is just painful. Oh well. That is how it is right now.

5 comments:

said...

Hey Jenna, You're still in transition girl. You'll get into a good place soon. I will say that a healthy exercise regimen is good for all that you describe. Hit the gym. It'll do you and your brain some good! :)

New Girl on Post said...

I hate it when they just sit at work doing nothing. Why not send them home?

Caitlin said...

Ugh that waiting sucks. And I agree with T, you're still in transition and you'll figure things out as you go. Don't worry about the mistakes in the orders, it happens to the best of us and I'm sure you're very diligent in responding.

Rebecca said...

Everyone makes mistakes, and I'm sure you'll have less of those mistakes as you get more experience with the business.

I understand about the blog thing.
My family reads my blog, but there are so many things that I would like to talk about, but I don't because I know that they read it.

Istari the Angel said...

Hang in there, Jenna. Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while, but I'm doing my best now to make it up. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now, and it's not a bad thing to be frustrated and stressed out and even overwhelmed. Any kind of transition is a difficult one, and from what I've heard from almost everyone I've talked to in our age group, especially the ones who opted not to go straight to school, the transition is doubly hard. We're having to step out and be grown-ups in a very real way for the first time (for some of us, at least). As for your family, I agree with you there also, I say some stuff in my blog that I hope they never see, but if they ever go back and read it I'll have some toes stepped on. Just keep in touch, keep your spirits up, and don't stress about venting. Sometimes that's what you need. And make sure you do take a little time for yourself without feeling guilty. You need that time to destress and unwind so that you start fresh and can focus more on things like the organization, that will come with time. Don't let Adam off the hook either, get him to help with the organization as he can.