Sunday, January 27, 2008

LOL Memories of Adam

Today I did okay my horse show, not as well as I had hoped, but a lot better then a lot of beginners.I came home today and started cooking so I can recover from all the bad food I have eaten in the past two days. I chuckled a little when I read Lala's blog about cooking. I love to cook and I love to experiment with cooking. I covet almost everything in Williams Sonoma. So today I made some stir fry. It was okay. I try to cut out the sugar and flour/cornstarch, and I used ground venison. So it was.... different, but good. Then I made a venison-bacon-bean stew. Onion, garlic, bacon, thyme, oregano, and beef broth sauteed until its brownish and carmel-y, then the rest of the venison and let it get brown. Then I got out a big pot and put in 3 cans of beans, this time red, pinto and northern, a can of diced tomatoes, and the rest of my beef broth. Pepper and simmer till it tastes good. Um that took abotu an hour, I didn't want it to get too mushy. It smells really good and is really yummy. That one always turns out well. I guess if people weren't worried about the carbs, then you can add pasta, rice or potatoes.

So on to my funny Adam memory, Dane Cooks Vicious Circle Stand Up Comedy was on Comedy Central tonight. I remember when Adam was in Washington before he left, he went to go see the movie theater version of this stand up comedy. He called me after word and told me I had to see it and that it was so funny. It was good to hear he had fun hanging out with his army buddies and that he had at fun at the show. I did eventually end up seeing it. I just remember how animated and happy he was afterwards. Seeing it on tv tonight reminded me of that. Makes me smile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha i LOVE dane cook's vicious circle! brian ninjas! lol. we were at the movies last night quoting all of his movie theatre lines... after this action movie preview my sister leans over and goes "STUPID"... anyways...

yeah, rub it in that you can cook....

my problem is that i'm so PICKY that nothing sounds good. i don't like onions, tomatoes, or peppers. that makes things tough....