Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sparkly and I do

I have been hiding. I have been wanting to write in my blog, but not wanting to acknowledge the very real fact that Adam is going and I am going to need all you guys again. I am going to sit in front of my computer at night (with my 3 dogs) and miss him like crazy. Maybe I will be in a better area and make more friends. I am hoping for that.

Anyways. Once I found out he was going and became rational again, my first thought was I am not doing this again as "the girlfriend." So I turned to Adam and said,"If you are going back I think we should get married." He said,"Okay, when?" I smiled and said,"As soon as possible." So a good friend of ours had gone to the court house and just married. No hulabaloo no nothing. So I told my Dad I was getting married in a week and he freaked out. "At least wait until I can come!" he said. So I realized at that point that I was going to have to invite other people. I knew Adam's Mom would really want to be there, and probably my Mom too. My Mom insisted that it be on a weekend because she couldn't be there on a Friday. Then Adam's family offered to throw a rehearsal dinner" and we said sure. At one point Adam and I were getting out of the car, as I was trying to figure out how to do a Saturday wedding on short notice and find a suitable restaurant for the dinner, and I turned to Adam and said,"This has turned into a thing!!!!" He laughed and said, "Yes it has."

So that he proposed to me with a ring that had been a family heirloom piece and it is sooo very beautiful. ( I have a picture of it I will post it at some point). So I found an officiant and she knew place and said she could put the whole wedding together for under $1000. She knew a baker that could do a great fondant cake for a good price.

We went to get the wedding license (you have othave it for 3 days before you can get married) and went ring shopping which was really fun.

Everyone came to town (about 20 people). In fact I didn't invite anyone personally, I told people and they decided whether or not they were comming. It seemed to work well, people who could not stay away came which was kind of fun.

This is enough for one post, I will write about the wedding itself later when I can dig up some pictures. :)

--------- Just as a side note-- I probably have about 50 posts in my head that never made it to the blog.... so I might be sort of random for a while. Adam doesn't allow the computer into the bed room anymore so less made it on to paper------------

7 comments:

said...

:)

There you are!!

MARRIED?!?!? WOW!! Congratulations girlfriend! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Sorry that he's leaving again. But you know we're here for you.

((Hugs))

Caitlin said...

Congrats (again)!! :) How exciting! Good luck with all the Army paperwork too! :)

said...

Girl, friends for ALWAYS. Don't ever doubt it. :)

Jenny said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

wow you up and got married! congratulations!!!!! that's so exciting. can't wait to hear details details!

Jennie McDonald said...

Congratulations!

Nikki said...

UHHH I have been in blog la la land because Joe is home but CONGRATS!!!