Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Off!

I am leaving for Atlanta for a trade show this week. I am exhausted. Usually I get more help getting ready for shows. This week Adam has barely made it home in time to eat sleep and do it all again the next morning. This frustrates me to no end. He tries, he really tries-- it's not his fault at all. He tries to come home and be helpful and help me pick up the house and make and eat dinner. Really though-- all both of us want to do is just chill out and rest. Take a load off and relax. Not happening in this house, busy busy busy. It is going to have to slow down before he deploys.

I am so tired and I have a to do list 8 miles long this morning before I catch my flight. I have no idea how I am going to get it all done, but best foot forward. I am not really looking forward to his training days getting longer and longer, which I am sure they will. I am going to leave him a huge list of stuff to do while I am gone and maybe he will have time to get to some of it, if not I am definitely not stressing about it. I just had to take a brief minute blog, update, and get myself clearheaded and on track again.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty overwhelmed by everything and so at lunch I took one of our dogs for a brisk 30 minute hilly walk / hike and that seemed to calm me down considerably.

I am very forcibly making Adam stick to a budget that we agreed on, but being the enforcer all the time is a little exhausting. I gave him an earful last night about eating healthy and he seemed pretty dejected and while I felt bad, it isn't stuff we haven't discussed before. I know he doesn't need to hear that when he comes home and is tired, but by the same token, when does he have "time"? Sometimes these things come up at just inopportune times, and when I am as stressed out as he is, I don't have time to sugarcoat everything... Unfortunately, the reality is our life is stressful right now and while I don't want to focus on that so much and stress Adam out I need him to be aware that we have stuff to do and it's not all flowers and butterflies. Tough.

Anyways- I have been kind of grouchy lately and I hope that it "magically clears up" very soon. I am bummed about spending time away from Adam, because I miss him TERRIBLY when we are apart, but at the same time I have a lot of fun at yarn show selling yarn and meeting people. I like to see the reactions on their faces when they see my product. The best is when Adam comes to the yarn shows, but he rarely can get off to do that.

Toodle-loo

No comments: