Friday, April 10, 2009

So the "I do"

So we rented this Beachhouse is Hoodsport, WA because it was recommended to us and CHEEAPP! When we got there we were pleasantly surprised to find it was gorgeous. All wood interior (well you will see the the pictures). Very campy and homey feel. We thought it was perfect all around. It is right on the water with a glassed in front. We ended up getting married on the equinox, March 21st, which I thought was really cool. Adam and I do balance each other out.

So we go for the pre wedding meeting, and Adam doesn't watch Wedding shows so he doesn't really understand how it generally goes. We decide to do appetizers instead of a still down meal, so I am trying to pick finger foods, and Adam wants Mac and Cheese. I say, "Adam you can't eat Mac and cheese with your hands at a Wedding." But the planner says she will try and work it in. So we are looking around and there is a fire place, and she says we can have a fire ( I ended up forgetting the skewers for smores). Adam says,"We should have the ceremony at High tide!" Both the officiant and I look at him and say,"What!?!?!" That could be at like 3 am...." So my little sister Cheyenne was there and I was saying the wedding should take place at 3 pm and Adam wanted it at 4 pm, he looked at me pleadingly and said,"Can we compromise and have it at 3:30?" So I looked at him and said,"Sure." Everyone Came -Even Scout! (picture Above)

Cheyenne was very confused, "What difference does it make 3:30 or 3?" and the planner and I looked at each other, and then looked at Adam and I said,"Now Adam has helped plan some part of the wedding by choosing the wedding time, we will at least let him have that." It was very funny. At another point we were talking about how to seat people at the wedding and I said,"Let's just push all the tables together and make one big table," and then Adam said,"Yeah think picnic, not wedding." It was very funny.
Here is the "picnic not wedding"
(picture above)


Adam loves martinelli, which is that sparkling apple cider (for the kids for the toasts) and it was on sale at WalMart by the case. So we bought a case of it for the wedding and Adam proceeded to taste it a little bit everyday before the wedding. Fortunately we had bought a case.

So we get there and it is beautiful and sunny and the guys are talking about Adam's mini and the girls are hanging out. I steal away my Dad to have some Jenna- Dad time. Everyone's excited. Adam and his mini (left/above)

Us "at the alter" - Me
lissa has my Bouquet
Then everyone shows up and we get dressed and the whole thing begins. I had a bouquet of tulips, they were very pretty. Tulips are my favorite flower, in fact Adam brought me some before the wedding.We when and stood at the altar and immediately started to cry. Typical Jenna. The officiant said, "Don't cry, or I will cry too". We sad out vows and exchanged rings. It was a pretty long ceremony, it was sweet, but I found myself thinking,"How much longer do I have to not cry?"When it was time for Adam to put on my ring his had was shaking so badly, it was cute. Then we kissed and had a small party.

Adam and I Right After the Ceremony



Adam doesn't like to dance so instead we bought tons of board games for everyone to hang out and play (like Apples to Apples). WE brought coloring books and crayons and Rock Em Sock Em and just all kinds of fun stuff. Everyone played Apples to Apples for long time.



We ate a little bit and then we cut the cake. I was going to smoosh cake on Adam's face when we did the cake, but he ate it to quick, as soon as it was in his mouth he grabbed it! Then he proceeded to smear frosting all over my face. :( I am sad that I missed my opportunity to smoosh him in the face with cake. In the picture to the right I just found out we were going to cut the cake and I was scheming. The cake is at the top of the picture. The top layer was Vanilla with raspberry filling and the bottom was Chocolate with Peanut Butter filling. SOOO GOOOOD. I highly recommend the chocolate peanut butter. I did that because Adam doesn't like cake, but loves Reeses. So I thought that maybe he would like that. The planner had never had a request for it and had to ask the baker if she could do it, but I bet the baker uses that combo again

Then we did toasts and everyone did very kind, thoughtful, loving toasts. My Dad, My Mom, Adam's brother Eric, a family friend Tom and Adam's Stepfather Harry. It really was perfect. I couldn't have wished for a better day with better people.

Me At the End of the Day

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved reading this post! What a beautiful wedding. If I had to do a ceremony, I hope I could be as free spirited and meaningful as you guys.

(Keith and I talked about doing one when he gets back from Iraq, I don't know if we will or not. We had the court house marriage.)

Caitlin said...

Simple but very elegant, I like it! congrats!

Unknown said...

that sounds so relaxed and fun :] you look beautiful in your pictures. sorry you didn't get to smoosh the cake in adam's face tho. that would have been a good picture.

Nikki said...

Congrats agaain! I love that you gave your wedding day your own touch (the board games) and made it all about you guys. I am having a hard time wedding planning with all the "traditions" and Joe is not getting it. I love the peanut butter chocolate cake and I may try that idea if you don't mind. I am so glad you guys had a lovely day that I am sure you will never forget. You looked very nice BTW, very classy, elegant, and beautiful.

B said...

Congratulations!!! That's so awesome!!! Looks like a sweet little ceremony!!

said...

What a fun ceremony!! You guys are too cute together!

I love that it was so unique and thoughtful. It sounds like your day was all yours!

Beautiful! Thank you and congratulations!

Istari the Angel said...

Congratulations belatedly! I didn't know you were getting married, but it sounds like you had tons of fun! Hope things are going well!