Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sleep as a Commodity

I know in the army Adam is asked(well... maybe told) to work for hours and hours straight, remaining vigilant through that time and playing catch as catch can with sleep. I have no idea how he does it. My days have been soo busy and then I get home and Adam wants to talk because its 8 am there. I never know when he has guard duty or when he is going to sleep so we get these weird time warp things where I thought he was going to be online, but he felt sleepy and he decided to catch some rest. Sometimes he sleeps when I sleep and sometimes he just sleeps when he feels like it. It's very strange to me that his sleeping patterns can be so flexible.

Mine can't. I have been staying up waaay too late and then sometimes I get up early to talk to him online. I am burning daylight at both ends of the day. Its so frustrating, but as the usual I am doing too much in a day and there is so much work to be done.

Anyways, I know Adam meant to talk to me tonight. He said he was going to catch some sleep around 4 my time, and its been almost 7 hours. So maybe he will wake up in an hour or two. I don't know if I can stay up that late, last night I was up until 2 am half waiting for him half watching tv. If I do stay up and wait for him... I will want to stay up and talk to him. Hmmm vicious cycle. Maybe I'll take a cat nap and hope that he can "buzz me awake" using yahoo instant messenger
I have a feeling though once I am out this time, I don't think I am going to be waking up anytime soon.

"Cat Nap Time!" I hope this works lol. It's crazy how your whole sleep schedule get turned topsy turvey.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck with waking up! just wanted to let you know i commented on your last post (in case you don't check the comments on your old one).

Unknown said...

Flat rate boxes?? I have never before in my life mailed a package... What is a flat rate box? It sounds self-explanatory, but you never know with these things....