Sunday, July 1, 2007

A brutal 12 monthes

So Adam has leave to come back and he says he will be leaving Iraq in a couple days to come home for mid leave tour (knocks on wood, crosses her fingers, avoids black cats and prays to God ). Didn't want to jinx myself by putting it in writing ya know :).

So Adam's mom Pam sent me an email about making sure he gets on his return flight back to Iraq and how dire and serious it is that he gets on that flight and doesn't get an AWOL status. So then I realized how hard it is going to be to get him back on that flight. Hard for me and hard for him. Now I don't do well with airports anyways, not a lot of happy memories in my childhood. So I think I might try and find a 3rd party, like maybe my Dad to chaparone us to the airport so that we don't miss his flight home because we are both so stressed out we can't think straight. I once dated a guy in the navy (oh don't ask! it was a weird circumstance) and I was so stressed out abou t him leaving that we both overslept by 2 hours (he was in the downstaris bedroom) and drove like crazy to get to the airport. Ugh that sucked.

So yeah. Its funny I find easy to write in this blog because missing him pervades everything everyday. So when I look at this blog and others' blog about 10 different things I could write about that you guys might relate to spring to mind.

I talked to Adam on the phone this morning he said he was a little run down and if he was actually admitting to it he must be kinda tired. We are both looking forward to his arrival, but like everything else in the army who knows how he will feel when he makes it back or what he will want to do. The only really good thing is that my part of the house is separate from the main part so Adam can have some respite from the outside world.

Night

1 comment:

Glo said...

Just stopped by to say Happy 4th and to tell Adam "THANK YOU" for serving.