Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Phone calls from Far Away.

Poor Adam. He isn't sleeping and is spending all his free time trying to track me down.

He seems lost. Like a small fish in a very big ocean. Lots of sharks. I was looking at a bunch of other very funny army related blogs that Kaylee has up and one of them had a link to this blog http://blogs.tampabay.com/standingby/2007/07/training.html and it made me do that thinking thing again. These army significant others live in these small private hells where the world ceases to be they way it was before they got involved with the army. It's like alternate reality.

People talk about alternate universes. I live in one. The rules and realities that apply to your average everyday citizens do not apply to me. It just is not the same. The things that they care about and are on the forefront of there thoughts are laffablly meaningless and seem petty and stupid. Like on a comment about the Paris Hilton Jail thing : who gives a flying f*ck?!?! PEOPLE DIED IN IRAQ TODAY! Not just people, American soldiers. Now maybe it is selfish to care about Americans dying in Iraq when there are places of genecide, but other people much like you died in Iraq today. It's a rant it's true. But there is an amazing amount of aloneness that never seems to go away no matter who you talk to or who comforts you or even if he calls.

Then you read other Army people's blogs and you feel as though you are not totally alone in the world just mostly.

It's late again and though I was exhausted earlier I am sitting here eating lime sherbet and wishing I had Corona to go with it, I don't know how well I will sleep. Maybe tonight is am ambien night.

Good night.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Jenna, you hang in there and thank your significant other for his service. Whether or not we agree with the war, we appreciate our soldiers.

Jenna said...

Thanks! I have to say, having someone in the service does complicate your political stance.