Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Proud

I wrote this a couple days ago, but I don't have internet in the new house yet. I talked to Qwest and after talking to a Qwest costumer service girl who was convinced that Qwest didn't operate in my area (even though that is what they had before). She told me to call back later to talk to someone else and maybe they could help me. I called my property manager and asked him if he knew what was available. Apparently, he knows someone who works at Quest and she called me back like 10 minutes later and assured me that there was Quest in that area and got me a good deal.

Ugh. The 6th - 10th. Can't wait.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know what it is about men in the army that holds such an allure. I love Grey's Anatomy and the new Army surgeon they have on the show is cool. He really embodies the things that I love about Adam's Armyness. He is confident and sure in his training and knows he can do the job he set out to do and is committed to the end of the mission. As much as I dislike some army things that is something I really like. Adam says I like to be on base because it makes me feel important. I guess that is partly true. I like to be on base because some part of me feels like I am contributing to our country and I am very proud not only that Adam is soldier, but a damn good soldier.

He is meticulous and goes the extra mile in his job. He takes his duty very seriously. It is more than just a job, as it for many soldiers. I am happy that he takes pride in his work. I mean I don't fight and I am not trained in anything, but in some small way I feel like I get to contribute.

Adam and I went to Issa's wedding and he wore his "special army outfit" and he showed me and explained all his medals and ribbons. I have never really thought about all the stuff he accomplished in Iraq. It blew me away. Adam is not the sort of person who talks about his accomplishments, so I feel special knowing that he wanted to show me and wanted to explain it all to me. He was so handsome in his outfit. So very handsome. Maybe thats part of the allure. I do love him so.

I am too tired to make anymore sense. I am so worn out. Adam makes me end my day, when he is not around I feel like the day never ends. I never want to sleep. I am a different animal when he is not around. Both good things and bad things. I need a haircut and to see a dentist.

5 comments:

said...

All that stuff you described.. that's what I loved about Soldier too. And the guy on Grey's Anatomy. I'm happy that you guys are doing well. Its pretty difficult NOT to love a soldier, isn't it?

Take care of yourself!

Caitlin said...

It is something about that Army thing. I know exactly what you mean about being proud...I love looking at Rob's Class As (they're in the closet) and we're talking about getting him a medals case. :)

Unknown said...

i def love the army guy on grey's! he's good for christina- i hope she goes for him.

and i love what you wrote about adam! i feel similarly about matt. seeing him in his flight suit when he goes to work just makes me smile. i'm so proud of him and his hard work!

said...

Happy Veteran's Day to Adam! And to you for loving and supporting him through it.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

jenna where are you? don't you have internet yet????