Saturday, October 18, 2008

OK OK

Poor butthead. He is gassed out as he likes to say. I came home last night after spending a bunch of time at the new house and he says,"You know what we should do tonight, honey?" and I looked at him and said,"Um, Sleep?" He laughed and said,"Yeah I was thinking make some dinner and watch anime." Ah we sound like a married couple. I feel badly for him today I need to go buy some hay and run errands and that is definitely not a "day off". My ponies are in my backyard of my new house. That's very cool.

So he is exhausted and still asleep, but we went to bed at 8:30 so at 5:30 this morning I was wide awake. Ugh. So I get up. I can't believe I am up at 5:30 on a Saturday, what is my life coming to?!!?!?

Lala asked me how I stay sane when I move. I am so used to moving that I am a little worried about living inthe same house for a year. I will be the first time I have done in my entire life. Since my parents where divorced I always at least visited for a whole summer and I co0nstantly switched schools and houses. A better question is how am I going to cope with being part of a "community" and staying in one place. It seems scary. I am not a Washingtonian and I don't really desire to be one. That said how am I going to find a life here that suits me? I can't be an outsider forever. I guess I just have to learn not to identify who I am with a) where I live or b) my job. Most people identify that way anyways. I think army people just identify with the army and call it a done deal. I don't know yet and I don't want to look at it too hard. I really struggle with this for some reason. Adam doesn't, just me. Though he might feel this a little when he gets out of the army. The army has provided him with so much structure, he doesn't have a lot of choice.

I have to say I am constantly amazed with how much crap he just takes from people because he has to. I would go crazy if people treated me the way they treat him. He is polite and plays ball. I don't know if I could, though the 8 weeks of basic or whatever it is might change my mind.

He is so handsome when he sleeps. He has been asleep for 12 hours, time to go put my very cold feet on him! toodles!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I def don't feel like a Washingtonian either. Tomorrow I'm going to start the job hunt. Hopefully that will give me more a feeling of belonging here.