Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Friendness and stress....

So we are vacationing and we are visiting my best friend Issa in San Fransico. I typically don't like California, it is just not my style. However both of us are loving it here. We love the convienence of the city, and being around good friends is wonderful.

I have been reading posts as well. I read SidLovely's post and I have to say I agree with her about just being away from the writing. My heart goes out her about the hard times where you feel helpless. I am doing a lot of self-searching. Being here lets me see what living techniques my friends have to make their lives run smoother. For me I see living as a collaborative effort, it is comforting to know some of my friends are in the same sort of space I am in. Especially with losing the time to do anything you want without thinking about the effect that it has on the other person. It is funny Issa and I discussed last night that some of the issues that we were having were classic, typical problems that many couples complain about. Seems somethings don't seem to change.


Adjusting is coming back from Iraq is interesting and I want to keep you updated on the adjustments we are making, but unfortunately, most of it is just so gosh durn personal I don't really think it would be fair for me to guinea pig Adam like that. I will say that loud noises just don't sit well with him. Not that they really did before anyways.

I would say my adjustments are easier to talk about, mostly it is strange not gluing myself to my computer screen. I feel like I want reply and give heartfelt meaningful input, but literally as I write this Adam is doing his best to distract me.... So I regret that fact that I haven't had the time to really in-depth response. Part of me wonders if people want other people imposing their will (read: opinion on their blog spaces). I mean people didn't really ask for my opinion or advice. I mean want people to comment and leave opinions, but just because I do, doesn't other people want me to...

I didn't comment about the stress, but I really don't have time because I don't think Adam is going to stop trying to distract me....

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

The Iraq stuff passes with time in general..I'm sure he'll be fine :) I'm sure you're right, the adjustments are just typical couple-moving-in stuff. I hope you guys are doing well and keep in touch.

said...

I love when you comment on my stuff!!!

It does sound like typical couple stuff but I don't know what typical post-deployment stuff is like. Yet.

I'm glad you're having fun. Best friendness is bestest!