Sunday, July 6, 2008

Adventure...

So today we went on aforementioned adventure. It was promising to be pretty tame until Butthead decided to make it less tame. Our instructor was cool, it was pretty slow going in the beginning because we had to go over several safety briefings, mostly about how NOT to tip over. We had 3 other women, 2 of whom were friends and the other lady was new to the area. Then there was a guy with a strange hard to pronounce name who told us we could call him "Vik".

So off we paddle. We start to paddle past where the ferry boats dock. Well they were trying to dock and we were sort of in the way so we paddled like crazy to get out of the way. Turns out where we were resting was a different ferry boat dock! So we paddled like crazy again their horns blowing at us. We make it to the park and eat lunch. It was yummy and then we hung out and waited for the tides to change a little so it would be an easier ride back. We paddle back past the ferry place, this time the ferries were out doing their ferry thing.

Well I was joking around with Adam saying that he is always a trouble maker and always "rocked the boat" and in symmetry with the joke he starts rocking his kayak back and forth, and one of the other ladies says if he doesn't watch it he will really tip. Just as I nodded in agreement, Adam tipped himself over into the 52 degree waters of the sound. BRR! Well he remember his safety demo and freed himself from his boat and popped up out of the water with the most surprised look on his face. I just cracked up, I started laffing so hard i could barely stay upright in my own boat. He is sputtering and scrambling trying to get back in the boat, I am laffing and laffing ((I laffed so hard the other people on the trip felt sry for the butthead)). SO our instructor paddled over and got Adam back into his kayak and away we went. On this trip we saw dolphins (I think they were porpoises not dolphins) Seals, I saw a start fish, and some of the people on the trip saw a sea otter. We met one person who might could be a friend.

I did something really silly myself. I ferociously guarded Adam and sprayed him with sunblock every chance I got, but for some reason on the way home I only respray ONE of my arms with sun block. So one of my arms got really badly sunburnt... It's stupid I know. We took lots of pictures, once we have them developed mayeb we can scan em and put em up.

More adventures later, I have a lot to write about but I am just so doggone tired at the end of the day. There is this woman who I sold some yarn to who is being a real jerk and I hope she is not spreading "bad pr" and difficult stuff about me in my group on my knitting website. I got so worked up about it when I saw how rude she had been that Adam forbade me to look at it, but tomorrow I have to face the music. I told her something that someone told me, and I had gotten it out of context and I didn't know that. I didn't know i wasn't supposed to tell anyone else. SOo trying to sell this yarn I told her what i had been told. Turns out I wasn't exactly right and this woman is using it against me to say I am a liar and it is jsut turning into this mini night mare. I have been worrying about it all weekend. I am really frustrated, I was depending on the person who told me that the info was good and usable and it wasn't so I am mad about trusting the first person, and telling the second. ARG! Adam keeps telling me it's no big deal but it has been eating at me all weekend. I just cant seem to push it out of my head. :(

Night all --- so very tired

2 comments:

said...

Sorry about the rude situation but it does sound like you guys had a great weekend. A nice cold dip in the sound sounds great compared to 100 degree Texas heat!! :)

Caitlin said...

Sounds like fun :) And lame about that crazy woman...hopefully it gets figured out soon...try not to worry! :)