Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Pancake Experiment

OK so this morning while Adam was sleeping I got up because I couldn't sleep. It was 6:30 and an hour and a half LATER then when I usually get up.

So I bought blueberries on sale (and felt slightly guilty because they were obviously imported from somewhere warmer-- so much for eating locally) and when I asked Adam if he liked blueberries (because there is hardly any food that you can actually grow that he likes) and he said, "I like blueberries in pancakes." I said ok and threw two cartons in the cart. i took one to work and the other I made into pancakes this morning.

I have this thing about doing "the best" thing or being really "efficient." I wasn't sure whether the non stick would cook the pancakes better or my All Clad Copper core frying pan (it's from a set I stole from my Dad) would cook them better. When I make pancakes here is what always happens. The first batch is just a little under cooked, the second round is burned and the third is okay, but no one wants any more cuz they are full.

Well after cooking pancakes on the 2 pans side by side, I would have to say that although the non stick pan easier to clean up, the all clad pan seems to cook them more evenly and won this round.

I finally woke Adam up and force fed him lots of pancakes. :: evil::

He is pretty sore from all the army pt stuff. He layed on the floor in the living room for a while whining about how much her hurt. :P I made him do dishes anyways.... :D

We are enjoying our one day off watching television. :)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Interesting info! Thanks!

Hoping all is well with you guys and you have taken some time to relax!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

all clad = <3

i want to start eating locally but i don't know where to buy local food and i'm too lazy to find out. so i guess that's that. :)

i suck at making pancakes.

pictures! you need pictures.